SAP indeed recently released the latest version of its core ERP offering with SAP S/4HANA 1709. This current release has indeed more features, thus covering more industries. It continues to change how we use SAP ERP. SAP has also been in fact been able to achieve a key milestone of over 1,000 live customers on SAP S/4HANA which is rather a huge achievement considering the product is still relatively new to the market.
In this blog, we have to look at how to prepare ourselves and also keep up to date with these changes even if one has not yet had a chance to work on a Sthe /4HANA project. There are close to 35,000 customers thus making use of SAP ERP, and many Consultants will indeed fall into this category. The clients would like to hire people who have the required experience with S/4HANA, and the only way one can get this experience is if one happens to be working on a S/4HANA pr, object.
How can one up-skill and learn about S/4HANA, even in case one is not working on a S/4HANA project:-
1) Working of course for an SAP solution provider
2) All the major SAP consultancies do indeed offer various training, COE, and initiatives in order to help one up-skill to S/4HANA. These are very good sources to be able to learn about the solution and also the most cost-effective as well as time effective.
3) Working for an SAP partner
4) SAP does offer lots of details, courses, and content on its partner edge website which is no doubt a great place for all those who are interested in building skill in SAP S/4HANA.
3) Learning hub
With the help of SAP learning hub, one can access a host of courses on S/4HANA, and this does include SAP live access to a given practice.
5) Reading blogs and content online
SAP has definitely introduced a lot of new features with the help of S/4HANA. One must learn to leverage the huge SAP network and the details available online in order to keep up to date with the latest changes as well as developments.
5) Open SAP
If one were a novice and also thinking of starting a career in SAP – Open, then SAP is one of the best places to up-skill oneself in SAP and all of the courses that are offered for free.
6) Other online course providers
There are indeed a host of courses that do actually provide by other online learning sites.
7) SAP videos/content from SAPPHIRE / TECHED etc.
This is indeed a major way to learn about the newer developments as well as key changes.
All of these options are no doubt a convenient way of learning as well as understanding more about SAP S/4HANA, and also keeping one’s skill-set relevant as well as in demand.
SAP S/HANA is a very useful SAP skill to learn and one must keep updated as far as the skill is concerned.