What entails SAP Consultant?
SAP Consultant is undoubtedly a Subject Matter Expert (SME) either on the
• Business/ sales
• Development or domains of SAP.
The consultancy work involves an advisory, recommendation, guidance, and implementation of SAP that helps in respective SAP domains.
- SAP (Systems Applications and Products) is accepted to be the leading provider of business software in the world specializing in industry specific Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions.
- An SAP is actually implemented in 9 out of every 10 Fortune 500 companies.
- SAP consultants do enjoy a rather premium remuneration over and above their IT counterparts who work in other technologies like Java, .net etc.
What are the different types of SAP consultants?
1. Business/Sales Consultant- They focus upon customer end projects and often do not know much about SAP.
2. SAP Functional Consultant- These people deal with customizing SAP as per the requirements of the customer. They discuss with the developers to be able to code custom ABAP programs as per one’s client’s needs.
3. Developer consultant-They do the coding of the ABAP Java processor.
4. SAP Basis Consultant: They do help in the installation, performance tuning, and maintenance of the SAP servers and databases.
5. Apart from this one can go in for major roles in various SAP projects such as working as SAP techno-functional consultants and SAP security consultant.
What Skills does one require to become a Sap consultant?
To become SAP functional Consultant a fresher has to have:
• Extensive SAP (module specific) knowledge
• Good communication as well as presentation skills.
• Good Domain (Banking, Telecommunications etc.) knowledge.
• To be able to work in teams requiring good interpersonal skills.
Academic qualification qualifications:
• B.Com.B.E Bsc etc. with any type of specialization
• Post-Graduate Courses such as MTech, MBA etc.
How to become an SAP consultant
SAP training is very expensive and one has to enroll for regular courses at institutes or study free cost online. At times the company sponsors the employee for the SAP training.
One can join an SAP consultancy firm such as IBM, Deloitte, Infosys as a junior consultant.
Many jobs do require SAP skills and therefore it is worth investing in. Remuneration wise one will earn well and there is ample job satisfaction as well.
How to Learn SAP for Free?
One must inquire into this and approach SAP Education to get the needful details. This division of SAP deals with training and certification. One must also go online and as one can learn SAP free of cost. One must be careful that one does not compromise on quality levels of SAP information that is taught.
An ASAP is an interesting career to pursue and is a well-paying job that will do wonders for your lifestyle. One wants a better standard of living these days and therefore one can undergo SAP training and thus earn the good paycheck.
One must work hard, practice hard to become a successful SAP consultant.